A night time routine is an essential part of life (well at least a part of my life!), it is a good way to allow your skin to recover after a long day. Time reflects on your skin, as well as what is going on within, your skin is like the clothes you wear, they always tell a story without using words, like how you feel and how you’re dealing with things and so much more.
I personality spend my days makeup free during the week and you all know when the weekend comes, a girl never holds back on the makeup , I mean its all about showing off all the skills that you’ve learned from all those youtube tutorials girl and just sparkle!
Night Time Routine
My face is looking and feeling much better than it did in 2016, for those who have been visiting my blog since than will know that as soon as I came to the USA, my skin turned on me, it developed a rash and a bit of discolouration as well as experiencing some breakouts (or a pimple here and there), and I guess I am still going through the journey to recovery with a few of my favourite products that have helped me along the way.
Let me just confess something, okay here it goes so I don’t really get like a major breakout, but when you’re use to having baby soft skin, a pimple or two can be terrifying, especially experiencing the dicolouration and what seems to be a permanent rash, it freaks me out. Hmmm… let me try to paint a picture for you of how I feel when I see more than one pimple camping on my face, Imagine a teranchelor just chilling on your face, how do you feel? so whatever that feeling is that you are imagining is the same for me.
Products I’ve Been Using
A brand that was recommended to me is Mario Badescu, and so far so good, it’s been treating me well for the past two years, although my rash is not completely gone, these products have helped me maintain a healthy looking skin as well as one product from Murad.
Ok here is a step by step routine of what I do, or what you can do for a night time routine, using some of my favourite mario badescu skin care products:
- Step 1: Rinse Your face with cold/lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Use the Mario badescu seaweed facial cleanser to wash and cleanse my face, with this step I switch between the seaweed cleanser and the Murad Foaming cleanser,depending on which cleanser I prefer using on that specific day.
- Step 3: Rise off all the product and use a small towel to pat your face dry, remember never to wipe harshly, this can cause some skin irritation. ( I personally love using the Sephora makeup remover face cloths, they are soft and gentle on the skin)
- Step 4: Use the Mario Badescu cucumber cleansing lotion, using some cotton pads for a deep clean, removing any excess dirt that is still trapped within the skin. ( This step I do not do every night, but at least three times a week)
- Step 5: Use the Mario Badescu seaweed night cream and add a bit of facial oil, to ensure your skin gets enough moisture that it needs. ( I personally love using coconut oil or a little bit of olive oil, as well as purchasing a facial oil that may include other types of oils that may benefit the skin in many ways)
- Step 6: This is the final step that completes my night time routine. Spray some Rosewater or the cucumber, aloe and green tea water just for an extra refreshing feel.
After every good day, I start off with a nice hot bubble bath ( an extremely hot bath if i may add, it burns in the beginning, but feels so good once you’re in) and from the time I love to exfoliate. Right now I’m using this body scrub from tree hut and I combine it with my cashmere shower gel from baths and body works and the combination leaves me smelling divine.
To moisturize I usually use a cream/lotion that I have mixed together, but recently I’ve been also using this body butter candle that I bought from a vendor while I was in Florida. (I will definitely dedicate a post to let you know more about this candle in a later post)
Remember that it is important to show yourself some love and pamper yourself, it does not always have to be at a spa , but just by establishing daily routines that keep you feeling revitalized and just feeling your best. Lets learn to love our daily skin care routine!
Love yourself from within and also reflect it on the outside.
P.S. The products that I’ve mentioned can all be found at Ulta Beauty.